Cross-Cultural Education Trips
ISSS and International Student Association Council (ISAC) at GSU downtown coordinate cultural trips for international students, scholars, and their guests. Previous destinations have included: Washington, D.C.; the Georgia State Fair; Savannah, Georgia; and Asheville, North Carolina. The trips provide great opportunities to explore the sites and history of U.S. culture near Atlanta, and to have fun! We encourage you to join in and create memories you will never forget.
Trips are targeted to all GSU international students and scholars; however, any GSU student may participate, in addition to:
- Spouse or children of GSU students. Child must be at least 16 years old. Spouse or child must be accompanied by the GSU student.
- Friends or significant others, if accompanied by the GSU student.
- GSU staff and faculty.
- Trips are accompanied by ISSS 2-3 staff members
May 2 – 5, 2017. Just after Spring finals and before May-mester.
Savannah, GA (The original state capital of Georgia in 1733.)
- 3 Nights in Hotel in downtown historic Savannah*
- Round-trip transportation
- Snacks and bottled water en route.
- Guided tours: Ghost Tour, Historic Trolley Tour, Telfair Museum, and Dolphin Tour
- Day at the Tybee Island beach
- Free-time in downtown, historic Savannah
*Rooms are shared by 4 same gender roommates. Double beds are shared by 2 roommates. Exceptions permitted for dependents. Consider roommate requests carefully. We try to honor requests, but cannot make guarantees. Be aware, you’ll spend very little time in your room.
- GSU students – $150
- GSU staff/faculty – $200
- Non-GSU participants, spouse and children (must be 16 years or older) – $250
- Be aware: no meals are included, so budget accordingly. Downtown Savannah offers dozens of options in all price ranges.
Registration & Capacity
- Registration for the Savannah Trip is Full 🙁 but we hope you will join us again next year! 🙂
For more information
Contact Mike Townsend at: email@example.com