Who is Eligible?
In general, there are two kinds of on-campus jobs:
- Georgia State University (graduate assistantships, student assistantships, school library, etc.)
- Private Vendors / Companies who provide on-campus services to students, such as the bookstore and the cafeteria.
If you have questions about any type of employment on campus, or if you are changing status to F1, or if you have lost your F1 status, ask ISSS first before accepting employment.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
If you have completed your SEVIS transfer to Georgia State from another school, but did not complete one semester at that school, then you can start employment no more than 30 days prior to the beginning of your first semester.
If you are a transfer student who has already completed one semester at your previous school, you can start employment after your SEVIS record has been transferred to Georgia State.
Please note that these rules apply to transfer students whose SEVIS records have already been transferred to Georgia State. If you have not requested your record to be transferred to Georgia State you cannot start employment even during the 30-day period before the start of classes.
IMPORTANT! Before starting any employment you should come to ISSS to report. Don’t forget to bring your immigration documents with you.
- You have completed your program of study, or
- You have transferred to another school, or
- You have failed to maintain your legal F-1 status, or
- You have let your I-20 expire, or you have changed your immigration status to a status that does not allow this type of employment.