Transfer to Another School

If you would like to transfer to another school in F-1 status, you will need to have your SEVIS record transferred out to that school. If you don’€™t request the transfer, your new school will not be able to issue a transfer I-20 for you. To do this you will need to do the following:

  • Be accepted by the transfer-in school
  • Fill out our Transfer-Out Request
  • Provide ISSS with a copy of your Acceptance Letter
  • Request the transfer before your grace period expires

Failure to request a transfer within the grace period will cause you to fall out of status.  After you have fallen out of status, you will have to re-enter the U.S. with an I-20 from your new school in order to study in F-1 status at that school.