Tax Info and Financial Assistance

US Income Tax Information

Every international student, regardless of US income or not, must complete “Form 8843″ each year and mail it to the US Tax Agency, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

F-1 and J-1 students who had U.S. income should file a complete tax return (1040NR or 1040NREZ and Form 8843) You may be eligible for a tax refund on the income taxes you paid, depending on the tax treaty between your country and the U.S.  ISSS provides access to special tax preparation software designed to prepare these forms.

Please click “Tax Information” to the left for more information.

Financial Assistance

Currently enrolled International students with financial concerns should speak with an ISSS advisor about options for off-campus work authorization due to economic hardship. The University also offers a limited number of need-based, out-of-state tuition waivers for eligible international students.

Please click “Financial Assistance” to the left for more information.