Pre-Arrival: Next Steps For Accepted International Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Georgia State University! We look forward to meeting you soon at International Student Check-in and Orientation. Next, there are several important “Pre-Arrival” steps to complete. An online system called “iStart” (see below) will guide you. In iStart, you will read, confirm and provide information via a series of electronic forms, “e-forms.”
Pre-Arrival Process – Before You Begin
- You may start, stop, and resume this process at your own pace.
- You can always come back to these e-forms for information as needed.
- 45 minutes – 1 hour is suggested to complete all the e-forms in this process.
- Please prepare PDF-only files of your: passport photo page, Visa, and I-94 document to upload during this process. *Your I-94 document will only be available after arrival in the U.S.
- Failure to complete this process before Check-in and Orientation will create delays in starting class at Georgia State and settling in Atlanta.
Pre-Arrival Process - Topics Covered
- Confirming Enrollment Plans
- Applying for Your Visa
- Uploading Immigration Documents
- Check-in, Orientation, and Arriving in Atlanta
- Joining Your Orientation Facebook Group
- Reviewing the International Student Handbook
- Housing Info: short-term and long-term
- Submitting Immunization forms
- Reporting Transportation to Atlanta
- Placement Tests: Math and English
- Requesting Special Assistance for a Disability
- Uploading our I-94 Record (after arrival in the U.S.)
Pre-Arrival Process - Get Started
- Login to iStart.
- If you are unfamiliar with iStart, watch the “Introducing iStart” video.
- Complete the Pre-Arrival group of e-forms under GSU Main Campus.
Problems or Concerns?
If you experience technology problems, if you cannot access the internet, or if you find that iStart doesn’t work for you properly for some reason, please email Mike Townsend: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state your full name, Panther ID number and what problem you are having. We’ll do our best to help you!