Mandatory International Student Check-in and Orientation Program
International Student Arrival includes 2 mandatory (required) parts:
Check-in: how we verify if you arrived and how we obtain required information to report to the US government
Orientation: a series of informational sessions and events designed to assist you with life at GSU and to help you protect your immigration status in the U.S.
NEW and TRANSFER International Students
|Summer 2015||Fall 2015|
June 3rd, 8:30am-10:00am
248 Sparks Hall (Map Room)
Breakfast is provided.
August 17th, 9:00am – 4:00pm
(Come at any time during this period.)
245 Sparks Hall
June 3rd to 4th, 10am sharp!
245 Sparks Hall
Lunch is provided.
Full schedule >> here <<
August 18th – 20th, 8:00am sharp!
Student Center East – Ballroom
Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Full schedule >> to be announced <<
To provide information on the following topics:
- federal immigration regulations, and individual responsibilities as an F or J student
- how to navigate the campus & administration of Georgia State University
- basic needs such as housing, transportation, food and money
- cultural adjustment to life in the United States and in Atlanta
- unique characteristics of the U.S. classroom
To carry out various administrative processes for the university:
To create connections:
- with other new students to form initial friendships
- with continuing students for advice and support
- with the students’ academic departments
- with relevant campus services, programs and facilities
To welcome the students to Georgia State in a way that is positive, friendly and helpful.