Mandatory International Student Orientation and Check-in Program
Orientation includes 2 mandatory programs:
Check-in: how we verify international students’ arrival and obtain required information to report to the US government.
Orientation: a series of sessions and events designed to assist you with life at GSU, in Georgia, and in the U.S. and to help you protect your immigration status.
NEW and TRANSFER International Students
- When: January 7th-8th. We will begin promptly at 8am on the 7th. Please be on time.
- Where: Student Center, Ballroom
- Breakfast and lunch provided.
- View the full schedule >> here <<
The goals of new international student orientation are:
To provide information on the following topics:
- federal immigration regulations, and individual responsibilities as an F or J student
- how to navigate the campus & administration of Georgia State University
- basic needs such as housing, transportation, food and money
- cultural adjustment to life in the United States and in Atlanta
- unique characteristics of the U.S. classroom
To carry out various administrative processes for the university:
To create connections:
- with other new students to form initial friendships
- with continuing students for advice and support
- with the students’ academic departments
- with relevant campus services, programs and facilities
To welcome the students to Georgia State in a way that is positive, friendly and helpful.