Step 1: Admissions
Thank you for your interest becoming an international student at Georgia State University. ,
- First, apply to the program of your choice to gain academic admission.
- International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is NOT involved in that process.
- Be sure to complete your academic application by the posted deadlines for the semester you wish you begin study: Fall (starts in August), Spring (starts in January) and Summer (starts in June).
For Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degrees:
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
For Graduate (Masters or PhD) degrees:
- Contact the specific graduate Graduate Program of interest to you.
- Each college has unique graduate admissions requirements and deadlines, which are provided on their websites.
For Exchange Program options:
- Please contact the program coordinator of the exchange agreement of interest.
After Academic Admission:
- The International Admissions Coordinator in ISSS will email you directions on how to upload financial and other information required to obtain immigration documents. You will upload your information via an online system called “iStart“.
- After your uploads and immigration file are complete, your form I-20 or DS-2019 will be processed and sent to you.
- Then, you can apply for a Visa in your home country to enter the US.
If you are overseas and need assistance with the U.S. academic admissions process, please contact the nearest EducationUSA advising center. These helpful centers advise prospective international students and others on higher education options in the United States.