Step 1: Admissions
Thank you for your interest in becoming an international student at Georgia State University.
- Apply for academic admission to the program of your choice.
- International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is NOT involved in that process.
- Be sure to apply by the posted deadlines for the semester you wish you begin study:
- Fall (starts in August), Spring (starts in January) and Summer (starts in June).
For Undergraduate Programs (Bachelor’s Degrees):
- Contact: Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
For Graduate Programs (Masters or PhD Degrees):
- Contact: Graduate Programs
- Graduate Programs provides unique admissions requirements and deadlines on their websites.
For Exchange Program options:
- Contact: Program Coordinators of the exchange agreement of interest to you.
- After Academic Admission, the International Admissions Coordinator in ISSS will contact you to upload required financial and other information via an online system called “iStart.”
- After your immigration file is complete, form I-20 or DS-2019 will be processed and sent to you.
- Then, you can apply for a Visa in your home country to enter the US.
If you are overseas and need assistance with the U.S. academic admissions process, please contact the nearest EducationUSA advising center. These helpful centers advise prospective international students and others on higher education options in the United States.