ISSS provides immigration support for University departments wishing to hire or sponsor international faculty, staff, researchers, or guests. Contact the ISSS scholar advisors if you have questions about initiating the J-1 scholar, H-1B, permanent residency, or other appropriate immigration process for an international employee.

For more information about hiring an international employee in H-1B, TN, or U.S. Permanent Resident status, please contact Drew Webster, Assistant Director for Scholar Services, at 404-413-2070.

To learn how you can bring a J-1 visiting scholar to your department for the purpose of collaborative research and academic exchange, please contact Tim Edenfield, J-1 Scholar Advisor, at 404-413-2070.

Not sure whether to bring your scholar on a J-1 or H-1B visa?  Click here for a helpful comparison chart.  Contact ISSS at 404-413-2070 if you need further assistance.