Study Abroad Programs

Study Abroad Programs (SAP) offers many opportunities for international students to complete part of their degree requirements through affiliated academic programs outside the U.S. These range in duration from a full year or semester to short, 2 week programs.

Please check directly with the Study Abroad office (3rd floor Dahlberg Hall) to determine eligibility and current funding.

F1 and J1 enrollment requirements
You are considered properly enrolled at Georgia State – even when studying outside the U.S. – if the Georgia State University study abroad program meets the “full-time enrollment” requirement of your U.S. F1 or J1 Visa. However, additional visas issued by the country you plan to visit may be required. That depends on the diplomatic relationship between your home country and your destination country and purpose. Your F1 or J1 visa only allows you to enter the U.S, not other countries.

You are encouraged to visit the Study Abroad office to learn more. Then, consult with the embassy of the country you will be visiting well in advance to inquire about visa requirements relevant to your citizenship.

Contact GSU Study Abroad Programs
International Center, Dahlberg Hall, 3rd Floor
30 Courtland Street SE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30303
Tel: 404-413-2529