Cross-Cultural Education Trips
NOTICE: The Cross-Cultural Education Trip in May 2020 and May 2021 has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Stay tuned for future opportunities if you are interested in joining this amazing trip!
ISSS and International Student Association Council (ISAC) at GSU downtown coordinate cultural trips for international students, scholars, and their guests. Previous destinations have included: Washington, D.C.; the Georgia State Fair; Savannah, Georgia; and Asheville, North Carolina. The trips provide great opportunities to explore the sites and history of U.S. culture near Atlanta, and to have fun! We encourage you to join in and create memories you will never forget.
Trips are targeted to all GSU international students and scholars; however, any GSU student may participate, in addition to:
- Spouse of GSU students.
- Friends or significant others, if accompanied by the GSU student.
- GSU staff and faculty.
- Trips are accompanied by ISSS staff members.
Information about future opportunities will be available when appropriate.
- Depart Atlanta: TBA
- Arrive in Atlanta: TBA
Transportation and Lodging:
- 3 nights in shared room at HI Washington DC Hostel in the center of the city.*
- Round-trip airfare from Atlanta International Airport to Washington, D.C.
*Rooms are shared by same gender roommates. Be aware, you’ll spend very little time in your room.
Guided tours of:
Non Guided Visits to:
- White House, Supreme Court, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, and Historic Georgetown
- Jefferson, Lincoln, Franklin Delano Rooselvelt, Martin Luther King, Jr., Vietnam and Korean War Memorials
- To visit the National Zoo (free)
- To visit your country’s Embassy if needed (transportation not provided)
- To explore on your own.
- GSU students/scholars – $350
- GSU staff – $400
- Non-GSU participants, spouse (children under 16 not permitted) – $400
- Be aware: no meals are included, so budget accordingly. Washington, D.C. offers dozens of options in all price ranges.
- $100 of your payment is a non-refundable deposit
Registration & Capacity
- Students, GSU staff and non-GSU participants can pay for the Cross-Cultural Educational Trip online through Marketplace.
- Please note, the registration may close earlier than deadline if all the spots are filled
- After you complete your payment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- 2018 Cross-Cultural Trip: Washington, D.C.
- 2017 Cross-Cultural Trip: Savannah, GA
- 2016 Cross-Cultural Trip: Washington, D.C.
For more information
Contact ISSS at: email@example.com