Notice: The Cross-Cultural Education Trip in May 2020 and May 2021 has been canceled due to COVID-19. Stay tuned for future opportunities if you are interested in joining this amazing trip!
ISSS and International Student Association Council (ISAC) at Georgia State downtown coordinate cultural trips for international students, scholars and their guests. Previous destinations have included: Washington, D.C., the Georgia State Fair, Savannah, Georgia and Asheville, North Carolina. The trips provide great opportunities to explore the sites and history of U.S. culture near Atlanta and to have fun! We encourage you to join in and create memories you will never forget.
Trips are targeted to all Georgia State international students and scholars, however, any Georgia State student may participate, in addition to:
- Spouse of Georgia State students.
- Friends or significant others, if accompanied by the Georgia State student.
- Georgia State staff and faculty.
- Trips are accompanied by ISSS staff members.
Information about future opportunities will be available when appropriate.
- Depart Atlanta: TBA
- Arrive in Atlanta: TBA
Transportation and Lodging:
- 3 nights in a shared room at HI Washington DC Hostel in the center of the city.*
- Round-trip airfare from Atlanta International Airport to Washington, D.C.
*Rooms are shared by same-gender roommates. Be aware, you’ll spend very little time in your room.
Guided Tours of:
Non-Guided Visits to:
- White House, Supreme Court, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and Historic Georgetown
- Jefferson, Lincoln, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, Jr., Vietnam and Korean War Memorials
- To visit the National Zoo (free)
- To visit your country’s embassy if needed (transportation not provided)
- To explore on your own.
- Georgia State students/scholars – $350
- Georgia State staff – $400
- Non-Georgia State participants, spouse (children under 16 not permitted) – $400
- Be aware: no meals are included, so budget accordingly. Washington, D.C. offers dozens of options in all price ranges.
- $100 of your payment is a non-refundable deposit
Registration & Capacity
- Students, Georgia State staff and non-Georgia State participants can pay for the Cross-Cultural Educational Trip online through Marketplace.
- Please note, the registration may close earlier than the deadline if all the spots are filled.
- After you complete your payment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For More Information
Contact ISSS at: email@example.com
ISSS is committed to maintaining support and services to you during this time and will continue to operate under normal operating procedures for the remainder of the semester, just from a remote and online platform. This means you can call us directly or email us to request information and/or telephone/web appointments for advisement during our regular advisement hours.