2018 Cross-Cultural Trip: Washington D.C.
ISSS and International Student Association Council (ISAC) at GSU downtown coordinate cultural trips for international students, scholars, and their guests. Previous destinations have included: Washington, D.C.; the Georgia State Fair; Savannah, Georgia; and Asheville, North Carolina. The trips provide great opportunities to explore the sites and history of U.S. culture near Atlanta, and to have fun! We encourage you to join in and create memories you will never forget.
Trips are targeted to all GSU international students and scholars; however, any GSU student may participate, in addition to:
- Spouse of GSU students.
- Friends or significant others, if accompanied by the GSU student.
- GSU staff and faculty.
- Trips are accompanied by ISSS 2-3 staff members
May 1 – 4, 2018. Just after Spring finals and before May-mester.
Itinerary – Click Here
Transportation and Lodging:
- 3 nights in shared room at Hotel Harrington in the center of the city.*
- Round-trip airfare from Atlanta International Airport to Washington, D.C.
*Rooms are shared by 4 same gender roommates. Double beds are shared by 2 roommates. Exceptions permitted for dependents. Consider roommate requests carefully. We try to honor requests, but cannot make guarantees. Be aware, you’ll spend very little time in your room.
Guided tours of:
Non Guided Visits to:
- White House, Supreme Court, Arlington Cemetery, and Historic Georgetown
- Jefferson, Lincoln, Franklin Delano Rooselvelt, Martin Luther King, Jr., Vietnam and Korean War Memorials
- To visit your choice of 19 national museums of the Smithsonian Institution (free)
- To visit the National Zoo (free)
- To visit your country’s Embassy if needed (transportation not provided)
- To explore on your own.
- GSU students – $300
- GSU staff – $350
- Non-GSU participants, spouse – $350
- Be aware: no meals are included, so budget accordingly. Washington, D.C. offers dozens of options in all price ranges.
- $100 of your payment is a non-refundable deposit