An ISSS staff member meets with an international in the office

F-1 Students

In order to lawfully enter the U.S. to study full-time at Georgia State, you need to obtain an I-20 from Georgia State and then apply for an F-1.  Students already within the United States are eligible to transfer their immigration record to Georgia State University through SEVIS. The International Student and Scholar Services office may also support students wishing to change status to F-1.

International students in F-1 status have several important responsibilities and benefits related to their immigration status described in the links to the left. If you have questions about any of this information, please come by ISSS during advising hours to speak with an advisor.